1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother Board problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ctuna, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

I formated the C drive and then installed Windows 98SE from a CD purchased from Microsoft vendor. When the installed was completed the sound was not there and the video was set at 16 colors and the 400 by 600 and could not be changed.
    The board is an Intel D815EEA, which Intel does not support anymore. Everything else seems to be good. I downloaded updates for the board and when I went to install the board said they were all ready installed.
    The system is Windows 98SE with 256RAM and a 800meg CPU
    Any guideance would be a great help. I would like to get back up to where I was.

2. Sponsor

3. Nvisible

Nvisible

There could be a list of things that are wrong.

A couple of ?'s

Is the sound card onboard?
    Is the video card onboard?

I think your issue is that you do not have the drivers for these things installed so Windows has issued them generic drivers in order for them to operate. Maybe not correctly.

If these are built onto the board you may have to search the web and figure out which Sound And Video card were posted on that board. And then you best bet would be to get the drivers off then net. A good place is Drivers.Com

They also have a search option that will detect all your hardware and try to find what you need. It works sometimes. you may want to try it if you can not find out which devices you are currently running.

Hope I Helped

4. brite750

brite750

Looks like that mobo has onboard grafix not sound. You will have to find mobo drivers for the graphix to work right, or buy agp or pci graphix card. D/L aida32 from majorgeeks site or belarc advisor to get info to find drivers.

5. SacsTC

SacsTC

6. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

Got the monitor up and working. Will work on the sound later.
    Thanks to all of you. This is why this is the best site on the web.
    Ctuna

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/256332