1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother board problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tecknics, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tecknics

tecknics Thread Starter

Hey, I'm having this problem that just happend with my motherboard I think...
    ok so a couple of my buds and me were on the pc just playing some games when there was a sudden storm and lightning took out all the power in my house...and when the power came back on everything was working perfectly...im assuming its a mobo problem because when i rebooted i didnt hear the usual 1 beep i hear and it wouldnt even load onto the mobo logo screen...im guessing its the mobo since it doesnt even go to the mobo logo screen just want some other opinions.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Is the Power Supply Unit working?
    Any lights come on when you try to boot it?

3. tecknics

tecknics Thread Starter

I think the power supply is fine, because all the fans and the lighting on them work fine and the cd drives open perfectly..

4. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

Still could be the power supply. Most motherboards will not power up if its sensors detect current that is out of range for the motherboard to operate properly.

It has happened to me. I bought a new ASUS A7N8X-X and it wouldn't power up (not even the green light on the board itself) because my +12V was only reading+ 10.2 and my -5V was reading -7.4V ..

Bought a new power supply, and it has been working great ever since.

5. DMC2

DMC2

No bleep can also mean the CPU is dead. I've had someone bring in a computer that didn't start up after a power cut. Turned out to be the CPU. I'd try changing that first.

6. tecknics

tecknics Thread Starter

Hm...the light on the motherboard turns on its a little orange light ont he top right...hmph i guess imma have to take it in for some checking up thanks guys.

7. Zgukov

Zgukov

I had just the same problem before try this:
    1) Turn off the computer. Switch off the power completely
    2)Take the memory chips out of the sockets and turn on the computer.You should hear beep, beep.... thats Ok. Now turn off comp again.Put the memory chips back, make sure they placed properly, don't push too hard
    3)Take our video card out the socket.Turn on computer back again. You should hear beep, beep.... again that is fine.Turn off power put the video card back again.
    4) Turn on the comp. Should boot fine. Unless anything else damaged.

8. tecknics

tecknics Thread Starter

Ill give that a try...thanks :)

9. tecknics

tecknics Thread Starter

hmm...i tried that and when the memory sticks were out it gave me a continuous beep and when i put them back and took out the vbideo card it didnt beep and i put it back and it still didnt boot up any more suggestions?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/259798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice