1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shoutwity, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoutwity

shoutwity Thread Starter

My computer i have rightnow is a HP T6212 and its around 7 years old at its to the point were it cant do anything right with out random performance drops so were going to get either a new computer or build on. Ive told my mother that building would save atleast 100 dollar. Now my problem is i need a mother board that can take 4 GB of ram (DDR SDRAM) and we dont need more then 125gb memory, the computer we hae right now has 145gb, and only 30gb are used :/ so i think we an save money froom haveing les mem. I plan on playing Mabinoig, combat arms, Dragons nest,Vindictus,mincraft, and my sister plans on playing Sims 3, all of this on my computer, and being able to record videos like minecraft. on top of that the normal flash games. this is like 10-15 mb of space, not much so alota space isnt needed, but a fast enough mother board is needed.
    Also what is a good enough graphics card to play these games, they arent high end graphics and i dont need high end either. so yeah name em please and make em cheap :p

2. shoutwity

shoutwity Thread Starter

Additional Details

Some where around 400-600 dollars and i only want a hard drive with around 120 gb and ii ment 4 ram slots :p i will be playing games that are like bf2 level of graphics and things. i have a case for the computer but i need a new mother boards and a decient graphics card. the power supply i have is stock so a cheap but decient power suplly would be nice.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You are talking about using Components that are very outdated. For around $600 you can build a fairly decent commputer. or you could go a barebones kit like this one http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=840165&CatId=332 all you would need to add to it is the a retail copy of windows 7 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5038534&CatId=4622 keeps you right at the top of your budget. but it is complete and you don't need to buy a video card to play the games you listed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice