1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother Board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomo, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomo

tomo Thread Starter

hello my main board is dead finish finito, OK now i wont to bay new mother board, can i bay any mother board or it has to be a specific one or as same as the old 1. I rely do not know the maker of my mother board all i know is that it has Pentium 4 in it. When i go to bay new mother board what info do i hawe to bring with me about my computer or can i just bring my old mother board with me and say to the computer guy at the store give me the same 1 or closest to.

1) Can i use old Pentium 4 and put in to new mother board or do i have to bay new chip

2) Can use same memory sticks from my old mother board an use it in my new mother board which it might not be the same model.

PS

What would be the price of the mother boards i realy do not need anything expensive

2. scmazter

scmazter

Well, all u need is a "p4" mobo, becuase all have the same procesor socket. U need 2 mind out whether u have ddr dual ddr or sdram. The easiest thing is, as u said 2 take the mobo 2 the comp guy, and ask him about momory.

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

Sorry, but P-4 used two different sockets. The older ones had 423 pin sockets. They also have 3 different buss speeds so if your processor is an 800 buss you need a mobo that covers that speed.

4. comaparadigm

comaparadigm

take a good look at your board, you'll find what kind it is, im sure. what ever words you find on it post them here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191765