1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother Board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bear, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bear

bear Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am wanting to get a new mother board, to use with the AMD XP 1700 or greater processor. I am wanting to sue RDRam. However all I see is DDRAM boards. Is DD and RD Ram the same thing??? If a mother board supports DDRam will it also support RDRam???
    Is there any reomendation for a mother board that will use RDRam and the AMD chip???

Thanks,

Bear

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Currently, there are no motherboards or chipsets that support RDRAM with AMD processors. It could be a possiblity in the future.

RDRAM and DDR RAM are not at all the same thing. They are two different types of memory. None of the memory types are interchangeable. A particular memory slot can only accept one type of memory. Some motherboards support two different types of memory, but they have separate slots for each type, and you can only use memory sticks of one type. You cannot use both types at one time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61074