1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mother knows best

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by plschwartz, Sep 18, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

Affleck's mum allegedly opposed marriage

MUM BLAMED FOR SPLIT
    Hollwood gossips are continuing to speculate on who was to blame for the Ben Affleck/J.Lo split.

The latest rumours claim Ben's mother Chris was the real reason her son's wedding to Jennifer Lopez was cancelled.

She allegedly did not want him living in a "fish bowl" with the actress.

Ben is said to have called off the ceremony after a phone conversation with Chris.

She reportedly warned her son he would be confining himself to a life of isolation should he go ahead with the wedding.

One Hollywood insider said: "The mother was a factor. She was worried her son would be living in a fish bowl.

"It's very clear Ben was the one who broke it off with J.Lo.

"First he called off the wedding and the next day, he called off the relationship."

Some reports said Affleck was now flying from Los Angeles to meet J.Lo in Miami for crisis talks.

But other sources close to the Daredevil actor said he was simply escaping to his £10m hideaway in Georgia - and had no intentions of meeting Lopez.

2. columbo

columbo

Slow news day, eh Paul? :eek:

3. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    LOL columbo!

Sorry, but star gazing ranks right down there in importance and excitement with watching the grass grow. Maybe Random needs a "Gossip" sub-forum.

4. plschwartz

PC & Columbo
    Slow day for all of us huh.
    Actually I loved the idea that someone who plays:
    A man blinded by toxic waste which also enhanced his remaining senses fights crime as an acrobatic martial arts superhero
    would be a Mommy's Boy :p

This is the age of False Appearances Huh

5. columbo

columbo

Reminds me of Chris Rock's jokes about Aquaman accidently drowning in his bathtub...;)

I will never watch another Affleck movie (or an "Af-flick" as I call it :p) since having been forced to watch a two-hour bout of cinematic diarrhea called "Reindeer Games"...

6. plschwartz

Columbo:
    Are you suggesting his movies are an affliction :D

7. columbo

columbo

PL, you are such a ham...:eek: :D

Speaking of ham...

Three legionnaires were walking through the desert under a baking sun. They were fully equipped with enough water for days, and food a plenty.

On the shimmering horizon mirages came and went. Visions of swimming pools attended by dusky maidens, stalls full of ice-cream, sorbets, freshly-whipped smoothies of every conceivable flavor. But the legionnaires did not crack, they kept marching solidly on.

Suddenly one of them froze, "Psssst" said he. His companions halted, and strained their eyes to where the first legionnaire was pointing. "Le voila", said he, "Regardez, mes amis, isn't that a bacon tree on the horizon?"

And sure enough; there it stood, proud and defiant in the middle of the desert, a true bacon tree. Slowly they crept forward towards the mysterious object so far off. Inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter, until they were within a stones throw of the bacon tree. Even nearer they crept, and suddenly, a shot rang out, dropping one of the legionnaires in his tracks.

The other two returned fire, and gave first aid to their wounded companion. As they bandaged him, and poured water over his face, they could hear his faint voice, "That was no bacon tree," he gasped, "that was a ham bush."

OK...that was bad....I'm sorry...very sorry :eek:

8. hotskates

hotskates

WHO cares about these two people any more?
    I think People magazine has had them on the cover for 5 out of the last 8 times. Enough already. Sheeeeeeessssssshhhh.

9. plschwartz

Hotskates
    Well how about these stars?

Affleck to woo Rani on screen?
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/919_380931,0018.htm
    Indo Asian News Service
    MUMBAI, September 18

Has Jen's Ben found a new Rani? After failing to tie the knot with pop diva Jennifer Lopez, Hollywood star Ben Affleck may be eyeing an on-screen liaison with Rani Mukherjee.

The movie in question is 'Bombay California', a love story by cross-over director Dev Benegal, who shot to fame with the brilliant 'English August'.

After making a well-received documentary on Shabana Azmi, Benegal is back at a feature. It's a romantic comedy in English with three characters - a man, a woman and an Ambassador car.

It'll feature Rani with either Ben Affleck or Ethan Hawke. Both the Hollywood pinup idols have apparently consented, but Affleck is more likely to be Rani's co-star.

"J Lo had better watch out!" laughs Benegal referring to the singer who is the real life love interest of Affleck.

"She can keep Ben!" Rani laughs throatily and says. "I only want one thing from him. I want to meet J-Lo! I'm a big fan."

Incidentally, Rani would be the third actress to team up with a foreign actor in the last one year.

While Aishwarya Rai is doing Gurinder Chaddha's 'Bride & Prejudice' with Jaoquin Phoenix, 'Chupke Se' girl 'Masumi' is doing German director Veit Halmer's 'Gate To Heaven' with Russian actor Valery Nikolaev.

The casting crossover continues in Bollywood.

Even while Hollywood's Bo Derek makes a fabulously fleeting appearance in Kaizad Gustad's eagerly awaited 'Boom', several Hollywood stars are going to be seen with Bollywood actors.

'Baywatch' star Brande Rodericks plays the American lead opposite Ritesh Deshmukh in Vashu Bhagnani's ready-for-release 'Out Of Control'.

Shot entirely in the US, the film is about an Indian youth caught between an Indian and an American bride.

"Rodericks, of course, plays the American bride," says Bhagnani as he puts the finishing touches to his "most unusual film to date..."

"'Out Of Control' looks young and trendy. I want to target it at the hip city crowds. My son Jackie, whom I'm going to launch as an actor in the next two years, loves the film. And he knows what the young like."

How would Indian audiences accept an Anglo-Saxon heroine in 'Out Of Control'? Earlier Raj Kapoor, Kamal Haasan and Dev Anand had imported heroines for 'Mera Naam Joker', 'Yeh To Kamaal Ho Gaya' and 'Swami Dada'.

10. hotskates

hotskates

Well that is interesting. Wonder who the expert is who "pasted" the two of them together in the photos? Not very good if you ask me. Sounds like the whole world is wrapped up in "Bennifer".

11. TheRef310

TheRef310

Wow, I cant believe that there's even a topic about this...

Many peoplle have no lives, unlike Hilllary Vlinton, who apparently is having an affair with an alien!

12. hotskates

hotskates

Oh Yeah, Hillary "Vlinton". We all know her and her 1,000,000
    hairstyles.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice