1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard acting strange

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildwizard992002, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wildwizard992002

wildwizard992002 Thread Starter

Hey guys, you guys are very skilled and I am hoping to avoid technical support. To the issue, shall we?

I just built a really great PC...only problem is the motherboard is acting extremely weird. I can't open the BIOS or do anything much really when the EPS+12V connector is in. It basically turns on and off every 5-10 seconds and my speaker doesn't make a single sound. I tried booting the computer without this plugged in and the system stays on but still doesn't display BIOS. I''m confused and frustrated. Please help!

specs:
    Cooler Master case
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    intel i7 2.66 cpu
    6 gb Corsair RAM
    4890HD ATI Radeon
    320 WD HDD
    1000W Power Supply

This is my first build so hopefully everything comes out well!!!

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Those boards had some real problems; that is why asus released ver2. It was supposed to correct problems however from what I have seen, it has not worked all that well.

First thing to do is verify your bios supports the cpu. Next pull out all of the ram and reinsert just one chip. Now see if it will work.

I assume you have the cpu cooler installed correctly and there are no loose push pins on the cooler.

4. wildwizard992002

wildwizard992002 Thread Starter

How do I update my BIOS if I can't even get it to display correctly? =/ and what about the shutting on and off, I'm sure that isn't normal...

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Well the first thing you do when buying parts is to make sure they work together ie if a bios update is needed or whatever. This often requires some research on your part.

Next have you read and followed the guide for problem builds at the top of the forum?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/826705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice