Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherboard and AIO compatibility

780 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hello i am looking to buy an AIo for my motherboard the motherboard I have right now is the
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 DDR3 HDMI DVI USB 3.0 760G AM3+ based Motherboard,Black
and the AIo i would like to buy is the
MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R - AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Rotating Cap Design - 360mm Radiator - Triple 120mm RGB PWM Fans.
would this be able to fit please let me know! also if you need the CPU I currently have it is the AMD FX-6300 I'm not sure if that's useful but I thought you might need it. THANK YOU!

#2 ·
The AIO is for the CPU not the mobo. Given you have a AMD FX-6300, your cpu socket is an AM3+. The specs for the AIO says it will...... AMD Socket TR4 / AM4 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2 / FM2+ / FM2 / FM1. It will also work for these intel sockets..... Intel LGA 2066 / 2011-3 / 2011 / 1366 / 1200 / 1156 / 1155 / 1151 / 1150

Yes it will work.

#4 ·
now wait does the MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R - AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Rotating Cap Design - 360mm Radiator - Triple 120mm RGB PWM Fans. fit into the Lian Li PC-O11DW 011 DYNAMIC tempered glass on the front Chassis body SECC ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case White ?

#6 ·
Just be advised I have NEVER installed a liquid cooler that did not need at least a little bit of engineering to fit. You may need to remove a drive cage, reroute some connectors, etc. Most do not need a lot of work however do not expect to just screw it in and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.