1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard and Graphics card question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cladstation, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cladstation

cladstation Thread Starter

Hello

i have this Motherboard in my computer :

MSI P67A-C43 B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel P67 Express, DDR3 2133MHz (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Gigabit LAN, 1 x PCI-Express x16, USB 3.0

As of now i have a ( Geforce GTX 560 Ti ) and i would like to buy a new graphics card for my PC ...

i was wondering what Ge-Force Graphics card can i buy ? cause i don't want to buy a graphics card and it's not compatible :)

Thanks in advance

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in that computer?

Is your intent to use that computer for gaming?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. cladstation

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The GeForce GTX 560 Ti uses 170 watts and has an average benchmark score of 3542.

The GeForce GTX 960 uses 120 watts and has an average benchmark score of 5971.

You're switching to a graphic card that uses less wattage and has a much higher benchmark score. :)

Both graphic cards also use the same NVIDIA driver. :)

The MSI P67A-C43 B3 motherboard's support site doesn't have a list of compatible graphic cards, but I don't see a problem with the one you selected.

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. cladstation

thanks for the quick answer :)
    here is an other question ...what about prosessors ? is it the same thing ? would a I7 work in my motherboard ?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30 GHz processor that your computer has uses 95 watts and has an average benchmark score of 6461.

The Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz processor that crjdriver suggested uses 77 watts and has an average benchmark score of 9592.

Making the upgrade would make a big difference in speed and performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice