1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Motherboard Change info

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by EagleEye75, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EagleEye75

EagleEye75 Thread Starter

Hi

Got the PC to boot by replacing the motherboard all hardware (fans..cpu..ram) seems to be working

Relating to this thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-has-no-power-at-all.1180677/

whatever happens now is better than it being dead

Same PC but since it relating to windows 7 not the hardware I posted a new topic sorry if that was wrong

First I have booted it once to the windows logo then shut it off by holding the power button had not installed my wireless card in yet so no internet but maybe that not matter

I have never replaced a motherboard in an existing instance of windows (Windows Home Premium X64) and have no idea what to expect

so if someone could explain this process and how best to proceed

Regards :)

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. EagleEye75

Thanks frank :)

sorry if I did something wrong

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    No problem.
    I'm just trying to keep everything together so those who already helped you will know the motherboard has been replaced.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  5. EagleEye75

6. EagleEye75

Hi

I booted it up (too impatient) and it was freezing and stuff so changed the CPU it seems better as far as I can tell but it needs work just not sure what to do probably amongst other things a re-install of windows let me know if re-installing is best and I get it done

also if someone could be so kind as to post the phone number for Microsoft UK so I can discuss its activation as can't make any sense of whats what ..fingers crossed it goes my way

Hope someone take this on and helps me

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I deleted that previous five posts because they were not the least bit helpful. Please keep your posts to those that may be helpful. Thanks for understanding.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A new install is best. But since you lucked out to the extent that the system boots you may be able to install all the latest drivers (beginning with the chipset) for that motherboard.

To get the proper phone number see Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows.

9. EagleEye75

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Should improve things if that is your motherboard's web site. However, I think that is a "drivers" site, not the manufacturer's.

This is my preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
    2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
    3. Device manufacturer's web site,
    4. A "drivers" site, such as DriverGuide,
    5. Anywhere you can find one that might work,
    6. Let Device Manager try to find one.
    7. Use Windows Update.

(4 through 7 are really tied, and with Windows 7--and maybe 8/8.1-- the Windows Update should be at least 4th. The main message is that the first three are almost always to be preferred.)

11. EagleEye75

I post back how I get on

12. EagleEye75

Hi

ok I have had some success and some not ok to the success I got windows activated again and managed to install the audio drivers

I remember now that there are no display drivers available for my board so needed a graphics card I did get one but causing problems so I removed it and was managing ok without it.

not sure about other drivers and stuff and I am finding it difficult to locate the right ones and have them install.

But the board is overheating could be problem with CPU checked speccy saying tempertures on motherboard in a range of 68oc to 83oc after boot so have switched it off as I think I need to address this before anything else as I am sure some of my problems are because of that, just not sure what to do about it.

I might if it was cheap enough buy a CPU from ebay uk just not sure what one would work with the board but not sure if there is any point anyway we will see.

Motherboard: Esys P4M400-775 v3.1

this is where we are at

13. EagleEye75

Hi

Another Update from me

I have purchased this CPU from Ebay UK (see link below)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361045908946?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

might not be any good but failure of any other suggestions and the price I just got it so will see what happens when it arrives.

Other outstanding issues with this PC

Again Motherboard is an .. Esys P4M800-775 v3.1 ( forgive me I had put wrong number P4M800-775 v3.1 is correct NOT a P4M400-775 v.3.1 that is wrong

1) Not sure where or what drivers to get for the motherboard (need Help)

3) Can't get the front USB or my USB Connector Card Reader to work (might be related to driver issues again need help)

Thread can be closed

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  14. EagleEye75

Hi

I know I said this thread could be closed but since it still open I will give updates

That CPU arrived and I do get lower temps with it like 50oc - 60oc but no higher well just after boot so still usable I think even though on the high side.

still have had no luck finding drivers and stuff kinda gave up on it the now

15. EagleEye75

Hi

Another Update

ok no luck finding better drivers (do not think there is any) so have given up looking plus there no errors in device manager apart from the graphics but that was to be expected so will leave that as it is.

Can't get my front USB connectors to work at all think this is issue with motherboard itself so unless anyone has any ideas I will just not use front connectors at all.

Considering what has happened the fact that it works at all is a bonus ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1180819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice