Motherboard DOA? Please help :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Haseo34

Alright well I currently was going to be building a computer..
But sadly.. I think this motherboard is dead?

My Motherboard!

It was a build for a friend, figured this board would be just fine, to power my Athlon II x4 635..Obviously

But I poppped in the Geforce 9400 Gt and (the board has no onboard video) I turned the computer on, and it beeps 1 long beep and 2 short beeps..which to Gigabyte, converts to a VIDEO ERROR. Meaning it cant find the video card, or the monitor isnt plugged in. It was plugged in, the card was snapped down tight and firm..tested in my computer and worked fine..and it just wont work.

Any ideas guys?
The power supply in there (im dumb..) doesn't have an 8pin for the AMD Board..But has a 4. I understand it works fine if you use 4pin though..as I've done it before, and the manual says its fine, but im still getting this issue.

Any ideas? Please? I dont want to RMA this board.

I did a lot of research and found out that we're having the same problem. Our MB are dead. They were DOA =(

Haseo34

Called Newegg! Got FREE Overnight replacement, will be here tuesday, must ship out same day! AMAZING :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online