Motherboard drivers Someone help plz!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matt9b

I need to download the motherboard drivers for this motherboard: "MSI K8N Neo MS 7030". I have a fresh install of winXP and I need to get my pc and its onboard LAN working!!!

[Here is the long story if anyone's interested: I made the mistake of using partitionmagic 8 on my OS drive. I wanted to make 4 partitions on the 200gb drive. This is to run 4 copies of winXP separately (for different uses).

After partioning the drive, my windows installation stopped working (goes to blue screen). So, I am now in the process of wiping the hard drive and re-installing windows separately on all partitions. So, I need the motherboard drivers (the CD is miles away in another part of the country)]

I have google-searched for these drivers, and found nothing. (All the download links point to -> WWW.MSI.COM.TW which then loads the page "server not found: Firefox can't find the server at www.msi.com.tw.". I have tried this in internet explorer a thousand times, and get this message: "Action cancelled: Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested.".

I have been trying to download these drivers for the past few days, but with no success. Does anyone know what I can do? I can't afford to go and buy a new motherboard, and surely shouldn't have to. Does MSI no longer exist? If they do, they really need to better the service of their website. I can't find any mirrors for downloading the drivers elsewhere.

I basically need to get the onboard LAN working so that it can connect to the internet, update windows and download all the drivers it needs to get the pc completely up and running. The LAN is on the mainboard. On the mainboard, I can read the following text: "MSI K8N Neo MS 7030". I don't know what model the LAN is as it's on the mainboard and has nothing written on it. It's a Gigabit LAN, that's all I know.

I'm completely stuck, and desparate for time as I have urgent video and sound design coursework which needs doing on my pc.

If anyone can help, I would be deeply grateful.

matt9b

Thanks for those quick replies!

I have been to the links again, but they still come up with : "Firefox can't find the server at www.msi.com.tw." I have tried from another computer and it says a similar thing "msi.com.tw could not be found".

A friend of mine has also tried from another location in London, who is on a different isp, and he gets the same message.

I've also shut down my firewall, and tried from my mac.

But if it's working for all of you, it's quite odd.!!

matt9b

Thanks to everyone for posting all those links :)

Unfortunately, they all lead to msi.com.tw., which I still cannot access! I have tried different browsers including internet explorer, tried from my mac with safari, cleared my internet cache, cookies, temporary files, and my friend has tried a different pc on another isp in another part of the uk and he also gets the same "website doesn't exist" message.

:confused:

matt9b

So, I have asked another friend and he can't access msi.com.tw or anything that leads off it either. Are you all in the US? I'm in the UK.

I have another problem now. They are increasing, as I desparately need to finish coursework. I have installed directX 9 on the pc, and it restarted to finish installation. The OS then dissappeared from the "select operating system to start" list and I can no longer boot up the windows I was working on. The previous installations of windows in the list have now magically re-appeared and boot into the blue screen of death. Anyone have any clue how to solve this?

I have a mirrored hard drive on the computer, which is now magically no longer mirrored. Windows keeps trying to run scandisk on both the mirrored drives, and altering things as it fixes them thus making it impossible for me to mirror them again. It will not allow me to cancel this process. I cannot find the drives in the PC to take them out physically- there are too many drives and I don't know which is which. I can not take any drive out without removing the motherboard and other components, as it is so tightly packed.

Any help to this mirage of problems would be deeply appreciated.

matt9b

bigbear said:
Strange one this as I am in the UK and have no problem accessing the website, this is the link I use. http://msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?cat_id=77
The address is different to the one you are trying to access, I did try the address in your post and it does come back saying it can not find it
Thanks bigbear, but if you follow that link to conclusion at the drivers location, it ends up at msi.com.tw.

.. update: Which I now notice, WORKS!!!! The entire site www.msi.com.tw is now active. Thank God. It must have been that their website, www.msi.com.tw was down. I don't know how the rest of you accessed it all this time, it's only just started working this minute.

Now in order to install the drivers, I have to install direct X 9, which I have just done and the operating system has dissappeared, as described in my last post. Any ideas??

This is a nightmare.

matt9b

Thanks for all the help.

The MSI website is now WORKING!!

I have therefore been able to download the msi drivers, and get the pc up and running.

It is also now working from my other computers, and from my friend's computer.

Surely MSI and other manufacturers should have a working mirror available at all times. I didn't choose for my video editing pc to go down at this time, and have a coursework deadline to stick to for the final year of a degree.

It would seem that, crazy as it sounds, the msi website must have been going on and offline repeatedly. Everytime I or my friends accessed it, it was offline. That's the only explanation I can think as it all works perfectly now :blink:

Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online