1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nomad, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

I have recently formatted my computer and i dont have a CD for my mother board drivers. The only thing I can see on my mother board is MS-6741 ver. 1. Also it says Seanix on the box. I have been eveywhere looking for these drivers with not luck. I either run into broken links or Seanix site is down or someone is offering to scan my computer and fix every driver (dont trust... especially hen you do everything they say then at the end they want money and you have some use software installed on your computer. Can someone please help. My computer has been down for 2 weeks now.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Which version of Windows did you install in it after you formatted the hard drive?

I believe the Seanix MS-6741 has a VIA chipset.

---------------------------------------------------------

4. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

Thanks Tanis but I found that site and it is just BIOS upgrade.
    Flavelee, I installed XP Home and yes it is a via chipset but I have had no luck finding those drivers either. The ones I have found are not the right ones.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The VIA Hyperion Pro 4-In-1 5.24a Chipset Drivers should work fine if that motherboard has a VIA chipset and the computer is using Windows XP Home Edition.

It downloads in .ZIP format, so you need to download and save it inside an empty folder, then extract its contents into that same folder, then double-click the "setup.exe" file to install it, then restart the computer.

You want to install the chipset drivers first before you install any other drivers.

-------------------------------------------------------

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

Well most of them seem to be installed except the computer is acting funny in a few ways.
    1. When it boots up it always wants me to press F1 because it says it can find a PS2 keyboard. I have a USB keyboard. Anybody know why.
    2. After I press F1 it looks like it is having a hard time with my NIC card as it sits there for quite a while in DOS with a little backslash sign spinning around right after the DHCP.........
    3. Video still not installed
    Oh yeah by the way my CPU is a AMD64 athalon if that makes any difference
    thx

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to enter the BIOS setup and disable the "Halt on Keyboard" or "Halt on all errors", and you also need to the change the boot order so that the network card is in the boot sequence AFTER the hard drive or disable the LAN Boot ROM altogether under one of the menus.

What video card do you have? If you are are not sure download the free SIW: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
    Then look under the PCI devices section.

9. nomad

nomad Thread Starter

Hi Triple6 I got everything going finally but i just can seem to get rid of that stupid keyboard halt. I can seem to find anything like you mentioned. I have AMI (1985-2004) bios. Is this possible with this bios.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Here's the motherboard manual: http://uk.msi.com/service/download/manual-4193.html

Go to Page 3-8;
    1. Make sure Quick Boot is Enabled
    2. Select Boot Sequence and set the first Boot Device to your hard drive, probably IDE-0
    3. Set Try Other Boot Devices to No
    4. Set Floppy Drive Seek to Disabled

Go to Page 3-18:
    1. Set Onboard LAN PME to Disabled.
    2. Set USB Legacy Device Support to All Devices

I don't see an option to disable the keyboard error in the manual which is unusual.

At the bottom of the drivers download page link above, there's a link to download and run Live Update 5, you may wan tto use that to update the BIOS, it may help or add the option to disable that error.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice