motherboard failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mobrien1965

I received an error, "unmountable_boot_volume", and can not access the computer using sfe mode or last known working configuration. Unsure what caused error and looking for any advice

Basicly the bios can't find an OS to load.
Could be the hard drive has died, MBR corrupted or even a disc left in the floppy drive.
Try to explain in a bit detail what happened to cause this problem

mobrien1965

turned computer on this afternoon and received the error. I checked the floppy drive, nothing there. I can not get in safe mode or dos screen. Computer was working fine yesterday

mobrien1965

Prior to receiving the blue screen, the computer scrolls thoughmultiple fie starting with "multidisk"

Go into bios and check to see if the hard drive is recognized correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online