1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard for EMachine D6419

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wilgil, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wilgil

Wilgil Thread Starter

I purchased an EMachine D6419 as a bundle package from Office Depot approxiamtely 18 months ago, the motherboard went on the machine. The machine will start up to the point of that the fan is working but nothing appears on the monitor. Also the computer will not power down when you try to turn it off, you have to pull the power cord from the rear of the machine. I know from searching EMachine website that the part no. is MBEM105551MS. I am looking for a compartable motherboard or one for less money ($160.00) that EMachine will charge. Any ideals. Also the vendor should be reputable. Please advise. Thank you

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the chassis accepts a standard ATX or mini-ATX motherboard, there are lots of choices. OTOH, if it's a proprietary design, then you'd be better off simply buying a new chassis and MB.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

But if you choose a non e-machine replacement you will need to buy a new copy of Windows as well, the old copy will be "locked" to the old motherboard.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

OTOH, a real eMachine MB will cost more than the combined cost of Windows and the better MB. :D

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

We don't have E-Machine PC's in NZ, but I would glean from postings that they are "low budget" PC's?

We have a few similar run by major chain stores if that is the case, but the specs and componentry leave a lot to be desired.

Therefore agreed a complete box replacement (or m/b provided its a standard box) maybe the best way to go, complete with an OEM copy of Windows.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice