1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard Fried?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheShadowKid7, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheShadowKid7

TheShadowKid7 Thread Starter

I just put together a nee PC and when I go to power it up I only see the 2 case fans, cpu fan, and graphics cards fans running... I have a VGA plugged into a monitor that for sure works and I get no response... Do you think my motherboard is fried? I just bought it. I even tried to get static electricity out of mr when I could...Any thoughts? Thanks :confused:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps of the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Next, no one [other than you] has any idea what parts we are attempting to diagnose. Post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact mb, exact cpu, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post 500W pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice