1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isksisksisk, Sep 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. isksisksisk

isksisksisk Thread Starter

hello so recentally i have upgraded my pc , bought a new motherboard , ram , cpu ,graphics card and power supply,only thing kept from my other setup was harddrive an case, i put it all together an started it up to my surprise it started just like i left it on my old setup. everything saved im guessing bc of the hardrive but the only problem is now is that i feel it runs much slower ,could it maybe be because i did no driver update for my motherboard ?and is it a must when upgrading to a new mb you need to do a driver update , i heard many people say i have to reinstall windows 10 if its running slow, hence when i powered it on for the first time after rebuilding it started just like i left it. just now it feels super off when im using it , just recently my usb interface has started making a cackleing noise and i have to let my pc run for like 10 minutes after powering on before doing anything like its a damn car. I put a pretty penny into this new build and theres no reason it should be running this slow , its not an unbareable slow tho im currently typing this on it and you cant tell. So could it be i need to do some kind of driver download to my motherboard or reinstall windows or possibly something else?
    my specs are :
    g force rtx 2080
    MSI B450 Tomahawk
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor
    also just learned my board does not support my r5 3600 without a bios update and idk how to do that ( also do not know how im using my pc if it dosnt support it because i didnt do a bios update) pls help im not trying to find out im frying my processor or sum

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I would do a clean install. After the clean install, load your mobo DVD and install all your drivers or go to your mobo website and download/install the drivers manually.

Then read your mobo manual for your BIOS update procedure.
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If your system booted, then the board shipped with a bios that supports the 3xxx chips. I would check to see what bios you are running.
    Next I never use msi boards however the ONLY way I ever update a bios on a gigabyte, asus, or asrock board is by using the utility built into the bios. I checked the support page for that board and it appears msi has the same option called Mflash. I never recommend using a windows based update utility.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you do decide to update the bios, be sure you read and FULLY understand the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your board unbootable ie junk.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice