1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard ID

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by randy962, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. randy962

randy962 Thread Starter

how do I determine the type of motherboard in my pc

2. stanggt2

stanggt2

3. randy962

randy962 Thread Starter

rthx,
    haw can I tell if it is an AT ATX etc...

I'm considering changing it with a new board to use a daster processor, and need to know what to get.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

you can also go to http://www.pcpitstop.com & run the full battery of test .. results of which ID's everything on your system. Also telling you if they see a potential problem & how to fix it.

5. deuce

deuce

You can tell if it is ATX or AT by looking at how the board attaches to the case and how the ps is connected. ATX will fill the widest hole out if this is a dual case. AT uses two 1 inch long power connectors... ATX uses one long 2 incher. (measurements ae approx. as they might be slightly off... not sure if they are exactly that) Most newer cases can fit ATX, AT, and P4 boards... you just need the appropriate ps. If those links don't id the mobo you can look up the fcc id HERE.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice