Motherboard is cracked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Renboi

Reynold
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16335 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: B: 2794 GB (2521 GB Free); C: 465 GB (243 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (873 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 1862 GB (1531 GB Free); G: 2794 GB (2538 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock, H97 Performance
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated Hi, this is my first attempt at posting. I am not very computer literate. my PC has had problems booting recently,took it to a PC tech . He reported that the Motherboard was cracked behind the Ram slots ,he moved a stick to a different slot and now PC boots ok. He also said the board might not last much longer! I use the PC mainly for photo editing and it could probably do with a bit more speed. My problem is what to do. start with a new motherboard ? Then there may be compatibility issues ???
Any suggestions would be welcomed, thank you Reyn.

If you are worried that a new motherboard would cause incompatibility, then ask your repair shop to order one for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online