Motherboard Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

martint

Hello, I have the AsRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard.
I just changed my power supply cause my old one stopped working.

Now, when I boot up my computer, I get this message.

AMIBios © 2005 American Mega trends, Inc.
939Dual-SATA2 BIOS P1.50
CPU : AMD Athlon ™ 64 Processor 3000+ (64bit supported)
Speed : 1.80GHz

Press F2 to run Setup
Press F11 for Boot Menu
Single-Channel Memory Mode

© American Megatrends, Inc
62-150-00.....(bunch of numbers, i think its the serial or something)
6b38

I press F2 and F11 but nothing happens.

I am still under warrenty, so I hope there is a way to fix it.

Good Morning martint, that problem sounds nasty.
It is possible that you are using a USB keyboard which will not be operative at that point.

If this is the case try a PS-2 keyboard, if F2 or F11 don't work with it, try ctrl + alt + del keys all pressed together and that should initiate a reboot.
If that doesn't work get the thing straight back to the warrantor.

It is interesting that you are receiving that message, it shouldn't happen unless memory or something has been changed in your machine.

Cheers, qldit.

martint

thx for the reply
well Ctrl Alt Dlt dont work.

Tried with a new keyboard...same problem.

try reseating everything...you may have bumped something loose installing the PSU

Odd.
There's usually some kind of associated error message (I would have said keyboard also :confused: ).

After happyrck's suggestion you could try a BIOS reset (refer to the motherboard manual).

Good Evening All, it is possible that the previous PSU has taken something else with it to the happy hunting grounds.
In that a PS/2 keyboard won't work I would be suspicious there is other damage possibly M/B.
I think it is time to return it.
qldit.

It's a good possibility, but there's still some stuff to try yet.
Best to let the O.P. come back with his most recent findings....... ;)

AM2NF3-VSTA (ASRock) Motherboard
512MB DDRII 533MHZ RAM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
GEForce Graphics Card

No other hardware installed at present.

Wow after long searching I find somebody with an identical problem to me. I recently decided to upgrade my PC. Purchased all the above minus the graphics card including a PSU with 450W max Power.

When attempting to boot I recieve the exact same message.

I have tried the following:

1. Reseting CMOS, including removing battery and power lead.
2. Checking individual hardware items.
2.a. Graphics card works in old system FINE
2.b. PSU FINE - hooked up old motherboard / hardware and it worked fine.

That leaves the CPU / RAM and motherboard.

3. Repeatedly reseated the CPU / RAM appears ok.

I purchased another 512MB stick of RAM thinking I could replace it with the existing one and test that out but alas the boy in the shop handed me DDR not DDRII (will have to wait until I go back into town to swap!)

I suspect the RAM. The POST details the CPU info but no RAM test. Might this be where the problem lies?

Also, I have occasionally F2'd into the BIOS only for it to crash and drop to a black screen after a short time.

Your thoughts please

crjdriver

It would seem that you have done all the testing you can. Since it is still under warranty, return the board. If possible see if you can go with a quality mfg; asrock boards are the "Budget" line of asus. They are designed by asus, however the actual mfg is done by ecs. Asus will not even put their own name on it; that should tell you about the quality.

Good Morning pr1mate, the reference MFG is for "Manufacturer" or "Manufacturing"
CJD is alluding to "you get what you pay for" kind of thing, and it would appear you are not doing all that well with that particular branded? item.
Cheers, qldit.

MFG is an abbreviation for ManuFacturinG. Return the board. It's not worth the hassle if it's under warranty. It's not your problem if it doesnt work when it's warranty. You might even get a better board or one with a more up-to-date bios if you're lucky :p

simple is as simple does! Thanks

Something else I have noticed is that I do not hear any beep testing coming from the computer. Would I have to have a speaker attached to hear this beep test?

crjdriver

pr1mate said:
simple is as simple does! Thanks

Something else I have noticed is that I do not hear any beep testing coming from the computer. Would I have to have a speaker attached to hear this beep test?
Yes, you would need a speaker unless the speaker was part of the board itself. Most of the time you connect a speaker to the board using the pin headers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online