1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard manual for Acer Aspire 450E desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dss_cottage, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dss_cottage

dss_cottage Thread Starter

Does anyone know where I can find a motherboard manual for an ACER AMD DUAL CORE AM1201 4050E DESKTOP. The Motherboard is an Acer RS740DVF.

I've checked with Acer support and they tell me that they don't have one (?????).

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I cannot find that model on the Acer website?

Are you sure it is a 450E?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    the 4050e is not the model number of the system it is the model number of the AMD Processor installed in your system.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Also, do you want a manual for the motherboard, or the Motherboard itself, or both?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

OEMs use customized motherboards. You have to get manuals from Acer. A manual for a comparable retail board isn't going to be as accurate.

7. dss_cottage

Yes my bad. Sorry.

I'm looking for the MB manual for my ACER Aspire AM1201 4050E DESKTOP.

I followed dustyjay's lead and that is probably my MB. However, I can't find a manual for it either!

8. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Next logical question:

Why do you need the manual for the motherboard?

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    From looking at the Mobo on eBay, it appears that it may be made by Foxconn. But as DoubleHelix pointed out a manual for the same board from Foxconn, if you can get one, isn't really going to be as good. And Acer is not going to have a motherboard manual most likely because they are not in the business of selling Motherboards as separate items except as direct replacements. Though if you can get an owners manual for your system, it might have diagrams as to jumper positions and header locations for peripherals.

10. dss_cottage

I need the manual because I'd like to add a video card and need to know how to disable the onboard video chip.

11. dss_cottage

dustyjay,
    I have the system's owners manual and it is useless unless you want to know how to unpack the box or clean the system.

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That would be in the BIOS.

13. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I just looked at the owners manual for your computer. It is totally worthless. As far as anything inside the computer it only tells you "Items that may be upgraded." But does not list anything else or show how to do it.

14. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It may be that a jumper on the motherboard would have to be moved. Remember we are talking an Acer with a rebranded FoxConn motherboard.

15. dss_cottage

Yes. That what I assumed that I'd have to do. I just need to know the detail. The manual would solve the issue. I've also had a look at the Foxconn site and I can't see that MB model number listed on their support page. I've also just about worn out Google searching!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice