1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard Manual

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gabbyrn, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gabbyrn

gabbyrn Thread Starter

I have a Microstar MS 5178 Socket 370 Mobo,I cannot find any information about this board,can you help,I cannot get it from their website .

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

3. gabbyrn

gabbyrn Thread Starter

Hi
    I have downloaded a couple of MSI Files but it really does not help,being p4 processors I really need to know what the socket 370 Processor range it will go up to,I have a 300mhz to try in it so it would have to be trial and error,

4. wedor

wedor

There appears to be no info available from MSI for this board. The only thing I can find is the BIOS update and some vague reference on a Chinese site to a BIOS update to use a Cyrix CPU.

There is a link on MSI's site for a manual but when you go there all you get is a note saying one is not available. I can't find any reference to anything about the board at all, even if I knew what chipset it used I could guess on the max CPU supported.

5. Morania

Morania

Try motherboards.org. This site has pretty good search engines.

6. wedor

wedor

I looked, they have it listed as being made by MSI (now there's a revelation!) and not much else. You are welcome to look again as I may have overlooked something.

7. RandyG

RandyG

[​IMG]
    I got this from the site that SexyTech posted. Since it is not available, the last sentence suggests that if you email them, they will send you the manual via email.

I also found a reference on another site that the 5178 motherboard is actually a slot 7 or 8 Pentium Processor, but the follow-up link from that site is broken.

I think the link that wedor found was http://www.msi.com.tw/support/manual/manual.php?model=MS-5178 which lists no file found for the manual.

I checked the contact page from the Taiwan site (which is headquarters site, and followed the link to the UK site. Not much available on that site, but at least there are contact details.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.:eek:

8. wedor

wedor

I followed that link you provided Randy, it actually lists the 5178 as either a Socket 5 or Socket 7 board, this coincides with the Chinese page I found with the BIOS upgrade to accomodate the Cyrix CPU as I am not aware of any old Cyrix CPU's in Socket 370. It does show a 6178 under the 370 heading.

9. wedor

wedor

What chipset does this board have?

10. gabbyrn

gabbyrn Thread Starter

Thanks all. I have downloaded the 6178 file and it looks likes the board ,also the cpu config is done in the BIOS on the 6178 so I will put it all together and give this one a try assuming it to be the same.Will let you know the outcome.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/84997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice