1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard & Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tiger_00925, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiger_00925

tiger_00925 Thread Starter

I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE MOTHERBOARD (ELECTRIC SHOCK DAMAGE).INEED A NEW ONE. I HAVE A COMPUTER WITH RAMBUS MEMORY, PENT.4- 1.7GHZ., ATI RANDEOM 64MB. DVD, CD-R.

WHAT KIND OF MOTHERBOARD I NEED?, COMPATIBLE WITH THE PROCESSOR (AND FUTURE UPGRADE PROCESSOR -HT TECHNOG.) AND MY MEMORY? RAMBUS WHAT IS? DDR, SIMM, DIMM, SRAM?????
    RAMBUS IS A GOOD TYPE OF MEMORY OR I NEED TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER TYPE OF MEMORY?

:confused:

PLEASE HELP ! ! ! ! ! HELP !!!!

mailto:[email protected]

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi tiger_00925, Welcome to TSG !!
    Try going here !!
    Personnally i have an aopen with athlon cpu, but asus is pretty good. Just look around the site I gave you and see what you come up with. You can post back to see how you are doing.

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

Rambus or RDRAM is a type of DRAM thats really fast but expensive. Down side to RDRAM is that all unused banks must be populated with CRIMM and you need a heat spreader, oh ya, did I mention expensive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice