Motherboard might be broken

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Team_Steve

My machine has a problem...just seems to restart at random times. Mostly when trying to start up or shut down windows.
I've tried replacing the memory, hard disk, graphics card and loading Windows 2000 again. Same thing still happens. Very Annoying.

I'm now thinking it may be the motherboard or processor. I can't easily get hold of spares to test. Does anyone know of any tools which could test the motherboard and report back any problems?

It might be over heating. I had that problem when my fan for my processor went out. Computer now and days will shut down when it gets too hot.

Install 'Everest Home Edition' from the link below:
http://www.lavalys.hu/downloads/everesthome201.exe

Under 'Computer', there's a section named 'Sensor.'
Click on that and wait a few seconds. Your computer will seem to be slowing down while you wait.

When it's done, it should list temperatures of various parts of your computer, such as CPU and Motherboard to name a few.

They're listed first as degrees Celsius, then in Farenheit in parentheses.
If your CPU is over 60'C (Varies between processors), I'd say you should get a new CPU cooler, or place your computer in a cool room. (Not in a computer storage drawer like in some computer desks.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online