1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard not acepting power supply?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by applecrisp, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. applecrisp

applecrisp Thread Starter

Hey i changed my power suppy the other day they are virtually the same except one has more plugs so I wanted it and the newer one has only 5 amps where the other is six. but anywho I changed them and it word like twice then cut out and now it will not turn on until I unplug it from the motherboard. but the weird thing is my old one doesn't even start when its pluggerd into the motherboard but they both work just fine when when uplugged from the motherboard so what gives?

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Possibly too much draw. Did you plug in the P4 plug?
    Post complete specs.

3. applecrisp

applecrisp Thread Starter

uumm p4? srry i should have posted the initially its and old pentium 2 using pw2 and when i plug that in it just stops working so ya

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Are you maybe switching the Power switch plugs on the mother board. Either plugging them in the wrong places or switching the positive with the negative?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/397215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice