1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard not reading CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tamsantos, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:47 PM.

1. tamsantos

tamsantos It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi,
    I had a rig that I decided to upgrade and when I did it, the motherboard did not read the new CPU.

The old specs are:

Ryzen 5 1500x
    GTX 1050ti
    B350m Gaming Pro
    450v PSU
    16GB 2400 ram
    Stock CPU Cooler

And I bought a new:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    RX 580
    650v PSU

When I built it and the CPU redlight came up on the motherboard I checked all the connections and the CPU for bent pins. I also swapped CPUs, tried the old PSU and removed the GPU. Nothing seems to work.

Is my motherboard busted or am I missing something?

2. Blu_86

Blu_86

Hello, B350 motherboards will need a BIOS update to accomodate the newer Ryzen 3000 series processors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1242128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice