Motherboard power problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noni.sharma

hi
i just build a new ryzen pc but my motherboard was not showing any power so i bought a new motherboard and sent the other one for rma the new one is working totally fine but when service center received the old one it was working totally fine they also sent me a video now i am confused what could be the problem.
please help me
thankyou

crjdriver

i just build a new ryzen pc
You are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. If you want help, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

noni.sharma

Thankyou
My specs are
Ryzen 5 1600
My old mobo gigabyte ga a320m-h
New mobo msi a320a pro max
Psu aerocool 450watt psu
Rx 570
8 gb ram
1 tb hdd
120gb ssd

crjdriver

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

Next thing I see is that you are right at minimum spec in regard to a pw supply AND aerocool is NOT a quality brand. This may or may not be causing your problem however it is something that needs to be addressed.

I am wondering
i just build a new ryzen pc
Why are you building with what is almost obsolete hardware? The ryzen 1600 is now 4yr old and your motherboard is over 2yr old.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin cpu/aux pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Something is not fully seated ie ram, video card, pw connectors, etc
4 Parts not compatible. Does not seem to be an issue in this case

noni.sharma

Firstly answer to my specs
I was very low on budget as firstly i was planning to buy 3 3100 but its price became 2k 3k more so i have to buy it.
Second
I think my case is 2nd one because when i bought second mobo it was working fine so lets try the motherboard working without putting it in case.
And i am going to upgrade soon in 2 3 years and these specs are enough for me for 1080p gaming but thanks for help.

Well regarding both motherboards the good news is that when you decide to upgrade you can drop in an R5 3600, R7 3700x or 3800x with a proper BIOS update. It sounds like you may have two working motherboards (although one of them supposedly doesn't work for you) and when you built your system with the first one you may have made a simple build error when connecting something, or the Gigabyte may not have played well with your memory or GPU.

noni.sharma

Well regarding both motherboards the good news is that when you decide to upgrade you can drop in an R5 3600, R7 3700x or 3800x with a proper BIOS update. It sounds like you may have two working motherboards (although one of them supposedly doesn't work for you) and when you built your system with the first one you may have made a simple build error when connecting something, or the Gigabyte may not have played well with your memory or GPU.
It was not an error with any memory or gpu but my mobo was shorting with my case or cabinet. When i tried to get it working after removing from cabinet it worked.

crjdriver

You are lucky you did not fry the board [which often happens when the board shorts to ground]
How to properly fit a new board to the case or an existing board to a new case;
1 Remove the IO plate if your case shipped with one. Most [if not all] new cases do not ship with an IO plate however IF you have one remove it
2 Remove all standoffs that are in the case
3 Lay your board in the case [in proper position] mark the places where you need to install standoffs. Use a pencil, sharpie or whatever to mark the case
4 Remove the board and install standoffs in the places marked and no where else
5 Install the IO plate that came with your board. Note many modern boards have the IO plate attached
6 Lay the board in the case and slide it into the IO plate. If your board is new enough to have a plate attached, then just slide the board into position. Secure with the screws that came with your case
Done.

noni.sharma

Today worst thing happen please help me i checked my other motherboard so after checking i plugged all the wires in my real motherboard but when i tried to turn it on the fans we faintly moving and when i removed my 24 pin connecter suddenly there was a burn and smoke came out from area near nvme switch. After then when i tried to install and turn on things on other mobo it doesnt worked so when i tried the trick for check working of psu its fan was working what should i do

If smoke came out you must have had power to the motherboard board. I guess you don't know that there is power going to the motherboard even when the computer is turned off. Next time don't work on a computer until you unplug it first.

I am not sure about your description of what you did. Does either one of your motherboards work now?

crjdriver

From the description you posted [which is vague and difficult to understand] IMO the best advise would be to take your parts to a shop and have them diagnose it for you. By shop, I mean just that a real shop and NOT a chain store.

noni.sharma

Hi there are very less ie close to 0 number or good technisian now in my motherboard all the fans are spinning but not the gpu’s and when i turn on the pc my mouse reacts weird it blinks a light and dies

noni.sharma

HELLO I AM FACING MOTHERBOARD RELATED PROBLEMS
SO THE FIRST CASE IS WHEN I WAS INSTALLING MY CPU COOLER I ACCEDENTLY HIT A SOCKET OR I DONT KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT 2-3 TIMES. IT WAS MSI A320M A PRO MAX MOTHERBOARD AND AFTER I TRIED TO START MY PC FANS OF CPU COOLER, EXAUST, GPU FANS WERE STRUGLING TO MOVE AND AFTER SOME TIME THE AREA WHICH IS ACCEDENTLY HITTED STARTED BURNING AND SMOKE CAME OUT OF IT. AFTER SOME TIME I TRIED TO START MY PC NOTHING WORKED SO I KNEW MY MOBO IS DEAD NOW. THE AREA WHERE I HITTED WAD NEAR NVME SOCKET.
BUT I WAS HAVING ANOTHER MOBO SO I INSTALLED EVERYTHING ON THAT FANS WERE MOVING BUT GPU FAN WAS NOT MOVING AND WHEN I TRIED TO INSTALL MY KEYBOARD MOUSE THEY ACTS WIERDLY THEY SHOW A BLINK OF LIGHT AND DIES THIS HAPPEN EVERYTIME. AND ALWAYS HAPPENS ALWAYS BEFORE I EVEN POWER ON MY PC FROM CABINET BUTTON NO SIGN OF POWER AFTER TURNING ON PC. FANS ARE WORKING NO DISPLAY. BUT BEFORE THIS ALL HAPPEND LIKE BEFORE MY MSI BOARD DIED DUE TO MY NICE WORK MY GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD OF WHICH I AM TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW WAS TESTED FINE WITH A 2200G RYZEN 3. I HAVE A RYZEN 5 1600 OBVIOUSLY WORKING FINE. NOW I AM TELLING YOU ALL THIS SO THAT I CAN ASK WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM WITH MY PC. WHAT IS CAUSING ALL THIS POWER PROBLEM AND NO DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE TELL ME IS IT THE MOTHERBOARD

cwwozniak

Chuck
noni.sharma, I merged your newly opened thread into your existing thread. Please do not start new threads for related recent problems with the same hardware.

In the future, please do not use all caps as that is considered shouting and also makes your post difficult to read.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online