1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard...power supply what could it be

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SleepySher, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SleepySher

SleepySher Thread Starter

I am building c computer and have aUniversal Pentium 3 motherboard DFI CA64-TN with a Intel Celeron 1.3 ghz processor. I can't get anything to power up. When I power it up the light on the motherboard lights up but nothing else powers up. The fan in the power supply does not spin.

Can someone help me please...I am at a lose as to what the problem is.

2. kbstoikop

kbstoikop

first:

make sure the power switch on the right motherboard pins.
    and make sure your video card is seated properly.

3. Rockn

Rockn

Ummm....are you talking just the switch on the power supply? The indicator LED on the motherboard only shows if there is a good power source present. You need to attatch the switch from the front of the case to the pwr switch connector on the motherboard to power it on. That motherboard only looks like it supports a 950MHz Celeron CPU or a PIII FCPGA2 at 1.3GHz

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there SleepySher...

Just to add to the other post's, try removing the motherboard from the case, put it on a peice of cardboard, hook up all connections, and see if it will power up, it sounds to me as if the board may be shorting to the case...

5. torgo

torgo

as stated earlier. when you turn on the switch on the power supply that only routes voltage to part of the motherboard. The leads from the power button on the case must be connected to the right pins on the motherboard. if they are and all the other connectors are in the right place (make sure your power connection to the motherboard isn't backwards, they are supposed to be keyed but i've seen some weird stuff). if that fails:

-is the 220/115 switch on the back of the power supply in the right position?

-do the stuff in the post just before this one

-good luck:)

6. SleepySher

I tried all of the above and still nothing...any other suggestions.

The second person to answer said that the cpu is not compatible is that a correct assumption?

This computer is driving me insane.

7. torgo

torgo

check the pcb for version (it's written on it) if it's an A your out of luck if it's anything else then try this link to get a new bios
    http://sj.dfi.com.tw/frame.asp

8. SleepySher

Of course my motherboard has an A on it. I guess it is off to the store I go.

9. torgo

torgo

Sorry i was the bearer of bad news. Hey put your old board up on ebay and you might get a few bucks for it:D

GOOD LUCK with the new board:D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice