Motherboard Problem - Dodgy CPU?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CDH

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this question.

Is it possible for a dodgy CPU to fry a motherboard, the reason I ask Is that I swapped a CPU in a test board & it didn’t work, so I put the old one back in, but that didn’t work either & now the board won’t boot at all.

I realise that it might just be coincidental that the board failed at that time & it’s also possible that static caused the fault but it seems like the CPU is most likely responsible.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

CDH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online