1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard problem on new build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digger747, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger747

digger747 Thread Starter

Put together a new build last night .Used MSI RS482M-IL socket 754 MB.Right from the start I had problems getting it to post.Unhooked everything abd had to reset cmos 5 or 6 times to get to post.Loaded windows and is stable.Windows is stable,ran memtest,burn In program,seems stable.When go into bios and go to hardware monitor It will freeze up and you cant get out of it till restart computer.Only in hardware monitor part of bios.Now it is acting up again and wont make the beep when booting up or let me back into bios.Windows loads ok though.Should I RMA the motherboard or try to flash bios with floppy?there is a newer version of bios out.Do you think flashing bios could solve problem?Replaced battery also.Used this same board couple weeks ago on another build and had zero problems.

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

send the motherboard back to manufacturer, i believe the BIOS chip is bad, or has to be reflashed. they should be able to fix your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice