1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard reccommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gkm24, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkm24

gkm24 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Can you reccommend a motherboard which would accept a P4 3.0Ghz 775 pin processor, ddr2 ram and sata. i am asking as my dell is giving so many headaches in trying to get a fan/heatsink that I may just as well use the parts in my old pc with a new motherboard. I have looked at the intel 915guxlk which looks fine. Trouble is, there are so many variables on the codes such as 915gevlk etc...I only want it for normal use, bit of cd/dvd writing maybe some editing. The pc is only for use in the home, no business use.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    These motherboards support the CPU that you have. I would recommend ASUS as I have never have heard of Foxconn, nor do i know the realibility of the INTEL boards.

I did read somewhere on this forum that you should use an intel chipset with the CPU that you want to use for optimial performance. I'm assuming that you have an AGP video card so I defined the search to these boards. Oh, lastly stay away from PCCHIPS!

3. rhorne4

rhorne4

If You Want To Build A Good Stable System With The Lga775,you Should Check Out The Intel Boards.they Are Very Stable But Not Much For Overclocking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice