1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard recommendation: replacing an ASUS M2NPV-VM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by countj, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countj

countj Thread Starter

Hi folks,

My mobo has officially died and I was wondering if you have recommendations for a motherboard to replace it with? The shop are offering to install a Asrock N68C-S UCC, but I've been reading mixed reviews. Is there anything more modern that is a good contender for the ASUS.

I'm looking for something that is compatible with my existing hardware which is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core +4600
    992 MB RAM (2 x 2gb Corsair ddr2)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150
    Barracuda 7200.10 Ultra ATA/100 250GB
    M-Audio 2496 Soundcard
    Windows XP Service Pack 3

Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There won't be much too much more modern as both the CPU and memory are behind the current generation. The selection of new boards that would be compatible are low on most sites, here's an example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Value=3879:27158&PropertyCodeValue=3879:27244

If you don't mind reinstalling Windows then you can switch to an AMD chipset, the ASRock A785GM-LE, but another nVidia board might be a just a drop in replacement.

3. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

You might look on some of the auction sites. Though it has been awhile, I used to purchase a lot of back-generation stuff at ubid.com. There's always ebay; you'll certainly find something there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice