1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard Recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mshabsovich, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

hey everybody! i am looking for a motherboard pereferably an ASUS or something like that. i have a P4 2.53 ghz socket 478 processor laying around and i want to buy a motherboard for it so that i could upgrade my AMD 1.3 ghz. do you think i will se segnificant difference between what i have now and a 2.53 ghz p4? i want to game on the pc, but i want to keep my 9800 pro (agp), and not spend money on a pci e card. ant recomendations for a good motherboard? ATX style

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

The Albatron PX865PE (what I have) is a nice board and not too expensive. It lets you adjust the FSB in 1MHz steps, and also lets you increase the CPU/RAM voltage (for overclocking). You will have to buy DDR RAM though, no new motherboards take PC133 anymore.

As for performance, rather than ignite the old "AMD vs. Intel" debate yet again, I invite you to compare the two processors here: http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041221/cpu_charts-15.html#directx_9

If your processor is a Northwood P4, it's just over twice as fast running Unreal Tournament 2004 as your 1.3GHz Duron.

3. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

ya i know that. pc 133 is slow anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/383017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice