1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ally31, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ally31

ally31 Thread Starter

I have tried to obtain replace my defective mobo with an identical mobo for my machine but can't.
    What are the issues if I get a motherboard which has the same form factor and processor socket and swap into my machine using the same peripherals I currently use. I don't want to have to re-install operating systems etc. Are there any issues that I may encounter in doing this?? Many thank AL.. :cool:

2. BG-0

BG-0

85 % surely your OS won't work with the new board. Even if it does, it won't propably work properly...

3. ally31

ally31 Thread Starter

85% ?? That's quite a high percentage..
    So it is likely then I would have to do a full backup and re-installation then?? If I tried to do this then do you know what is likely to happen on booting up?

4. BG-0

BG-0

Not exactly sure. Many things. Just not booting, blue screens, continuous rebooting(and blue screens, maybe), some error like "ntldr missing, press ctrlaltdel to reboot or insert proper boot media" etc.
    Or then the problems might pop up later.

5. replay

replay

what mobo are u looking for?

6. ally31

ally31 Thread Starter

It's an ECS 649-M3 Rev1.0A

7. ally31

ally31 Thread Starter

8. replay

replay

well, i would seriously consider NOT buying another ecs board
    i have thrown 4 ecs boards in the trash in the last 3 months
    i know that it prob' would be a pain to reload your os and programs but i would replace the mobo with a reliable brand such as: gigabyte,msi,asus,abit to name a few
    then u can slave your drive to get files
    ( i had a look for the ecs 649-m3 and u are right... hard to find)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice