1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by directornot, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. directornot

directornot Thread Starter

My motherboard is died. Have an HP A724n and want to replace the motherboard. It has an LGA 775 socket set with a Micro-ATX form factor. How do I know I am picking the equivalent or better motherboard from different manufactures? Are there recommend sites you world have me look at? How do I translate the different speeds and specifications?

Thank you for your help

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Basically any socket 775 micro Atx board will fit but will it boot? You have to see if the front jumpers (power, reset, hard drive led etc are one plug or a series of loose wires to attach because if it is one plug, you will never get it to start. The other issue is change the board and you have to buy Windows as you cannot use the HP restore disks on a new motherboard which won't contain the bios switch to allow that and is illegal anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice