Motherboard Specifications

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kilo11

Can anyone tell me the basic motherboard specifications for a Packard Bell P55C Virge ATA part number 181684-03? I just need to know the kind of cpu I can use with the maximum amount of hertz and how much ram I can install in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Kilo11 said:
Can anyone tell me the basic motherboard specifications for a Packard Bell P55C Virge ATA part number 181684-03? I just need to know the kind of cpu I can use with the maximum amount of hertz and how much ram I can install in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMO you'd be far better off just biting the bullet and buying a new MB/CPU combination. You'll not only be getting a new BIOS, but new I/O like USB 2.0, etc. as well as much better memory bandwidth. If you're looking for performance, upgrading an old PB computer is not the optimum course of action. :)

Kilo11

IMO you'd be far better off just biting the bullet and buying a new MB/CPU combination. You'll not only be getting a new BIOS, but new I/O like USB 2.0, etc. as well as much better memory bandwidth. If you're looking for performance, upgrading an old PB computer is not the optimum course of action.
Well there is a problem with that, I dont have any chash to upgrade thats why I was wondering if anyone knew so I could go cheap.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online