1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard Version

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Totallyfree, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Totallyfree

Totallyfree Thread Starter

Hi ... I am curious how i can find out which version my motherboard is ???
    Is there somewhere were i can tell ???

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    your motherboard version should be listed on the post screen when you boot your computer. Either that or you can download AIDA32EE. Just do a google search for it. It will tell you anything there is to know about your computer. and even somethings you didnt know existed.

3. Totallyfree

Sorry my mistake i meant to say ... How can i tell which version my Motherboard chipset is and the Bios as well ... No when i boot up my computer it doesn't show what the version is ... I ask ASUS why this is they say its because of my monitor is a older type and that my motherboard is to quick for my monitor to show ... Does that sound strange to use's ??? It does to me ... I have the ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard ... Will aida tell me what version my chipset is and what bois version i have as well ??? Or will it just tell me what i have ???

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Yes it will/ It will tell you version date and maker.

5. Totallyfree

Hi ... Ok i try aida32 out ... I open the area where it show motherboard , click on the chipset and bios but i don't see anywhere were it show the version ... I do see the maker and the date but no version .... Can you explain where i can see the version type ... Thanks

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It depends a lot on the maker of your chipset. but under bios it should list the model of hte mobo with a number after it. Uusally the following number is the bios version for that mobo. your chipset may or may not be identified with version number depending again on the maker.

7. Totallyfree

Hi ... Thanks for your help but it doesn't show for my motherboard what the version for the chipset is .... Also i don't think its showing the right bios version ... I have the ASUS P4P 800 Deluxe mothboard ... Thanks again

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice