1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard vs power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mariagirl, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariagirl

mariagirl Thread Starter

I have a P6vem3 mainboard and everything seems to work but the monitor will not come out of standby.
    I get a post code of E9 and I have seen EE pc analyzer. I put in another vga card, but
    the same thing happens when the computer starts. It gives a single continuous beep.
    Should I replace the power supply, I'm not sure what to replace it with. Or should I just buy another motherboard?
    Please help,
    Thank you

2. balthasar

balthasar

It sounds like a issue with the memory. If you have the mainboard manual see what a long continuous beep means. more then likely its bad memory so try to buy new RAM if that dont work buy a new mainboard

3. mariagirl

mariagirl Thread Starter

Balthasar!
    I will buy a mainboard I have purchased more memory already. So hopefully I will be backup and running soon.
    Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/641218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice