1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard won't output video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amarpatel, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarpatel

amarpatel Thread Starter

PC: Asus CG5270

the old motherboard that it came with didn't output any video-nor through the computer's graphics card (Nvidia 200GT) or the onboard video. I just ordered a new motherboard. That's not outputting video either.
    here's a list of "symptoms"/ details:

* was using HDMI/VGA dual output for a 24" HP monitor and a Vizio TV

* tested both the monitor and tv with different computers-worked

* tested the new mobo with a completely different monitor-no luck

* Computer boots up, and the restarts

* no beeping

* I tried removing the RAM, but it doesn't make a sound/acknowledge anything

* tried pulling mobo battery for 30 seconds, didn't change

* normally, computer would shut down if power button is hit soon after turning on. This doesn't happen. I have to hold it down for 4-5 seconds for it to shut down.

* tried a different power supply

If anyone has any advice, I would really, really appreciate it!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    OEM PC's (ie: Dell, HP, etc.) require a power supply upgrade for addon video card usage. Size will depend upon your hardware specs. Min size would be 550W. And quality is more important than size. Corsair or Seasonic.

The reboots would seem to indicate a power issue (ie: low power output).

3. amarpatel

amarpatel Thread Starter

I'm using the power supply that came with the computer, which also had a graphics card in it already.

It also won't output video when I take the graphics card out, and try using the onboard outputs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice