1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andidragusha, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andidragusha

andidragusha Thread Starter

Hey.
    My computer isn't working.when i what to start the computer just the fan turn a little bit then nothing
    if take of the P4 connectro then it starts but nothing on the screen please help.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If the power supply and motherboard have worked together before, I would suspect the power supply has gone bad. You need to replace it with a quality unit that has the same or higher output capacity.

3. andidragusha

I have changed the power supply but nothig. When i put the P4 cable it doesn't start but when i take out it it works but nothing on the sreen

4. Frank4d

By P4 cable, you are referring to the one with 2 yellow and 2 black wires? If two power supplies won't turn on then possibly the motherboard has a problem. CPUs rarely go bad. Have you recently made any changes to the computer?

5. andidragusha

Yes that's the cable, i didn't do a thing to the computer . I woke on the morning i tried to trun it on ,but nothing.

6. dai

dai

this usually indicates the m/board is the problem

check it for bad caps

http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5

7. empty213

empty213

Try to run memtes86+ on all your RAM sticks, if it has errors then that probably is the issue why your system is not booting.

8. Frank4d

It is going to be really difficult to run memtest86+ on a computer that won't power on.

9. empty213

empty213

He just reports that there is no display, hopefully he'll remove the RAM sticks and test out which one works then do a memtest. Or take out the RAM clean it a bit, insert it properly then find out which one works.

10. dai

dai

problems associated with the aux plug and the m/board don't point to ram

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No, that is not what he reports; here is the first post in the thread. If you read it, you will see that the system does nothing other than a fan moves slightly. When the aux pw connector is removed, the fans spin and nothing else.

The aux connector is what supplies pw to the VRs for the cpu. This points at a mb failure and NOT a ram problem.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice