1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maltapaul, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maltapaul

maltapaul Thread Starter

I have a MS-6182 ATX WH8 slot 1 motherboard with the intel 810 chipset and the manual says that it can handle 500MHZ and faster processor. I have tried contacting the maker of the board but with no reply. Can anyone please tell me what is the fastest processor I can use on this motherboard, I am having a hard time finding this information.
    Thank you for your time.
    Paul

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

3. pronute

pronute

max cpu speed can be determend by the highest multiplyer x the hghest host clock for exsample if your highest multiplyer is 8.5 and the host clock is 100MHz then the cpu is 850MHz

4. maltapaul

maltapaul Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. First of all I am not a computer wiz. The manual said the Front side Bus 66/100MHZ clocks supported, now I went in the BIOS and in the CPU clock/spread spectum it showed from 66 to 155MHZ/on and the CPU ratio was x8 the highest. Now I am confused is it 100MHZ or 155MHZ clock speed because according to your table it can support 800MHZ or 1240MHZ processor. Which one is it?
    Thanks again
    motherboard MS-6182 ver 1

5. pronute

pronute

I downloaded the manual for this board if your not over clockng (overclocking not recomended) then this board will automaticly set up, short jumper j2 for auto, the max prossesor at the time of manufactor was 667 MHZ Pentium 3 @133 MHz FSB. however for future use the ratios go up to 8x so the highest you can go 8 x 133MHz = 1064 MHz (1 GHz) that is the as high as P3 went anyway, if you can find a slot 1 P3.

6. maltapaul

maltapaul Thread Starter

Thank you Thank you. You have been a lot of help and I also learned something.
    Thanks again pronute from New Jersey
    Paul from California

7. pronute

pronute

Your welcome

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice