Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rasqin

Hi guys
Just joining today, I have an issue with my motherboard (envy corei7) and I was told I need to change the motherboard, the question is if I change the mothrmother will all the features of the old motherboard (like Nvidia and other stuffs) be on the new motherboard or it will be a lesser quality.
Thank you

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
No way to know without you telling us what motherboard you have and which one youre going to get. You said Envy i7 so I assume you have an HP Envy Desktop or AiO? If that's the case and you switch motherboards you will need a new WIndows License unless you use an exact board replacement from HP.

Oddba11

Jim
If you swap the motherboard, especially in an OEM PC (ie: Dell, HP, etc.), you will also need a new copy of Windows. The OEM lic is tied to the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online