1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redcash, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. telegramsam

telegramsam

Is this in a running system or do you have it pulled?

2. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

The system is running

3. telegramsam

telegramsam

Ok, I was confused by the "taken out of" part of your post.

Run the CPU-Z utility that was posted earlier so you can see which processor you have.

4. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

It is a Sempron 3300+, 754 config, running at 2.0 ghz, and L2 128kbs

5. replay

replay

i think i would leave it as it is............ save the money for better upgrade(new computer)

6. telegramsam

telegramsam

Yeah--A Clawhammer 3600 would certainly be better, but I don't know that it's worth the money to upgrade. Maybe a little more RAM if you have room would boost what you have a little. You're obviously not satisfied with the performance; what do you do with this machine?

7. TheFang1940

TheFang1940

You will not need to replace windows. However, when you replace the motherboard and processor make sure you are grounded. There are several how to documents that give instructions on how to replace the motheboard and the processor. You can go to Tigerdirect.com and they have a complete document on how to build your own computer. Just follow the instruction on the replaceing the motherboard and processor. You will have to disconnect the old motherboard and install the new one. The stand offs may not be in the same location. Replace them to match the new motherboard. I suggest installing the new processor and memory in the new motherboard before placing it in your case. Just take your time and double check everything twice and you will be fine. Make sure you new motherboard supports you existing memory and the processor.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If your installation of Windows is an OEM version of Windows originally installed and Shipped with an Emachines computer system, and you replace the motherboard you will need to purchase a new copy of windows to install it legally in accordance with the EULA. When you replace the motherboard with the exception of a direct same part replacement due to something like a burned out motherboard the OEM Windows is no longer a valid installation.

9. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

I have a two 512 sticks in there right now. If i changed one out for a gig stick (1536 total) would I see that big of a difference.

10. replay

replay

a gig is plenty for the average user.......unless your a gamer maybe (so i dont think u would gain much)

11. redcash

redcash Thread Starter

i dk wht the first stick is but the 2nd is 400 mhz. how can i check the first

12. replay

replay

13. telegramsam

telegramsam

I wouldn't worry about that...You're getting about all you're going to get out of that system. Poor performance now is going to be a software issue. You just have nowhere else to go. I doubt you're flooring 1GB of RAM, regardless of it's speed. The least you can have is 266 Mhz RAM in that system (since you say you've got 400 in one slot)...

I think you've done all you can do

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice