1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZippyBuffalo, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyBuffalo

ZippyBuffalo Thread Starter

I had recently taken my machine apart to install a new heatsink. Problem is, when reassembled the computer wont start. Turn on the power, and the drives start spinning, but no video output, no error code beeps from the pc speaker. I thought that I had damaged the motherboard (hence why nothing happens) but I just tried putting everything onto a new board, same thing, the drives spin up but that's it. What could be happening? the board is an ASUS A7V133 , according to the manual I'd get at least a beep of some sort if: system ram is bad or not installed, video card is bad or not found.

what happens when you turn on the power to a computer with no cpu, or a damaged one, do you get any response at all? the die on my chip is undamaged as far as I can tell.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

The first thing to do is disconnect all peripherals. Leave nothing but video card, memory and processor. If you still get no response, replace each item one at a time--power supply, memory, processor and video card. If after you've done this, you are down to it being either a bad board or an improperly mounted board (possibly grounded).

I know you may not have an extra of all these parts around; but, process of elimination is the only way to isolate this problem with certainty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice