motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

basketball15

Ok I got a question about a motherboard...The motherboard says its processor speed ranges from 1.4ghz~2.0ghz, but my processor is 2.4ghz...is there a big problem here?

That doesn't sound correct. If the processor is 478 pins, then it fits. Many times a Mobo manufacturer will build in additional multipliers in order to anticipate future processors.

ou might want to e-mail pcchips to see what the top speed of the board is. Ads and the webisite suggest that 2.0 is the maximum but they may have made a change.
Let me add that, if you scan posts on this forum members often suggest:
A. Amd products are more cost effective than celeron
B. buying dirt-cheap equipment is often counterproductive. Here, the mb may be so limiting when you want to upgrade that you will have to toss it. I did a quick search and found this board for over $70.
Stay with name brands. Look for a Via chip set rather then SIS.
WWW.newegg.com has a number of refurbished mbs for under $50 with on-board 6.1 sound, or there a sound card is about $15.

www.computergate.com has a number of new mbs at similar prices from name makers
I do suggest that if you take time now to read this forum as we answer questions similar to yours, learn what all those funny abbreviations in the ads really mean, you will enjoy what you do more, have a better product and save yourself some hairy moments in the future.
As always you will find willing and patient help on this board.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online