motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trumpetman51

Hello friends,

Has anyone ever heard of OR had any experience with "Mach Speed" motherboards??

The only place I have seen them is at Tiger Direct. They have a lifetime warranty. Also, they look like a really good deal.

I realize that the most tried and true m'boards are Asus and Abit and MSI but I am trying to squeeze as much motherboard as I can from my very limited dollars.

Please help if you can!!!

trumpetman51

Checked out their homepage?

Note that there does not appear to be any images loading...

If this is experienced by you as well, then perhaps you could draw some conclusions as to the quality that the web page portrays?

Since the motherboard is the heart of the system it seems a bad place to start cutting corners.

Triple6

Rob
A webpage is a good image of a computer company these days. And there webpage is cheap and has problems, does the same go for there products and support......

There seem to be a lot of vendors "advertising" them but no reviews/ratings. Regular price is $89.99 with a $30 mail-in rebate brings it to $59.99. It offers 4 channel audio (instead of 6 channel like most quality mobos). I would much prefer to stick with an Asus A7N8X Retail for $87.99. You may find after investing in the Mach Speed mobo that your "very limited dollars" have "limited" your system to a lifetime of problems or non-operation! Since you have limited funds, I suggest you stay with a proven, quality mobo. Let gotrootdude, compilerxp, Triple6, brite 750, dustyjay or one of those other TSG members experiment first and report the results!

dustyjay

Jay
I have noticed that the Mach speed motherboards are not advertised at any of the really reputable online vendors. I do notice that they are however offered at Tigerdirect. Not a place I have very much faith in. Though they have been in business for a while. I agree go with an Asus board or something of similar quality. You may spend a few extra dollars, buy you will also get a few extra features and a better quality product. I use Gigabyte boards which I have had years of success with. I do not build for profit though so I usually ony go through one machine every couple of years.

Hey dustyjay: You stated: "I do not build for profit". You've got a nice system in your sig, why don't you buy that Mach Speed mobo and use the exact same components as you have in your current setup and do a comparison for us. You know; some side-by-side benches, temp comparisons, system stability, etc................ there wouldn't be any "profit" involved(heh,heh,heh)

dustyjay

Jay
"While all manufacturing is done in Taiwan or China , Mach Speed Technologies is one of the only American owned and operated motherboard manufacturers.":eek:

Eerything on their web sight works for me, the Motherboards they offer seem to be all right, however there isn't to many chipset choices. If the price is right and your not going to track satellites with it, then go for it, they offer a Lifetime guarantee on all models.

http://www.machspeed.com/index2.htm

Originally posted by kiwiguy:
Curious....the webpage has come right. Perhaps they read the forum?
Let's test that theory?

Wow that X-Caliber PT800 sure looks swell, I would really love to benchmark that bad boy. It would really be great if Mach Speed Tech. gave me one to benchmark for them:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online