1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you mean should you buy a Dell 4550 or custom build a system?

Or do you want to know if your system is better then the Dell 4550?

3. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Sorry I aquired a third board for free and gonna let one go. Either the soyo p4x400 or the dell 4550 that my son has. I got a asus p4p800-vm for free so just gonna buy some dual channel ddr for it and put my cpu in it for now.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Will the motherboard even fit into the case? Check the size and I/O panel at the back to see if it'll even work.

The front LEDs, switches, and USB may need to be re-wired to get then to connect.

The Soyo is the nicer board and offers more features and flexibility but I don't know if it'd be worth it to swap it out. The Soyo has 6 channel audio, supports PC3200 RAM, AGP 8X, allows overclocking, amoung other things but depending on what else you plan tpo use in it these features/benefits may not be used. Windows will definitely have a fit when you move it from the Intel based board to a VIA chipset board.

5. haplo210

haplo210

scrap the dell if you can...it has one fundamental flaw...its a dell, enough to put anyone offl. Tjhe soyto is a good board from what i can see.,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice