Motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nosirrahdrof

Hello,

I was wondering if the Asus A7S333 was a decent mobo or not, I couldn't find reviews of it anywhere.

Thanks

Check out www.anandtech.com - they just did a review of ALL KT-333 chipset boards.

Here is the article...

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1636

I am partial to MSI because their boards are red.

Just joking about the color choice... :)

But it is my prefered board... as reliable and cheaper. If you need the RAID - I believe that the GIGABYTE has the better controller. But they prefered MSI & ASUS as the better products - but NOT perfect... and I agree with them for the same reason.

msi kt333 pRO Is an excellent board... the 4 USB 2.0 connectors and other features makes it a nice board to work with.

Hello.

Yea, I have a Asus A7S333. LOL, there is one thing you should know about it. When you go into the BIOS there is the option of PnP OS. If you are running Win9x or NT/2K/XP chose NO. I made the mistake of chosing YES. I banged my head against the wall for two days before the simplest anr. came to me. I think it's a BIOS error. Never called the company to find out and I haven't flashed the board (I've never flashed one before and I will not start now if everything works fine ;) ;) ;) :( .

Other than that, it runs fine. Using it to write this message. Anything else sir?

Hi, I have just built a machine with that mobo, & have had troubles with booting it up & installing Windows!!!!

Ive tried everthing i can think of 2 get it working!!! Ive turned off the PnP option, and every bit of hardware does work.....So any ideas please!!??

Thanx

I just got through pulling my hair out with a asus board (actually 2 boards in a row) with nothing but problems so my opinion might be alittle opinionated but as I assume you are going to use a AMD cpu I would steer you to a Gigabyte mainboard. I have over 140 machines running Gigabyte boards and have only had 1 bad board show up, they are rock solid (not the fastest just the most reliable) when used with AMD cpu's and are extremly easy to set up with exceptional directions.

Lately I have been using the 7VAXP-RAID, this gives you 2 usb 1.1 and 4 usb 2.0 as well as 3 firewire sockets and a optical hookup for the onboard sound, that combined with 4 EIDE channels or 2 EIDE and 2 Raid channels using a promise chipset
is worth every penny you spend. If you don't need the extra
EIDE and fire wire area you should look at the 7VAX which is a
quality board much like the asus board in amenities. What ever you choose good luck
http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/7vaxp.htm
you can check this site out

Hello.

You might want to try first giving us a little more detail about the problem. Second, I'll make some presumptions.

Note: The following is only presumptions. Plz provide us with more data! Thank you.

You said that you were having problems installing the OS? Since I have a lack of information, I will say first check the CD drive(s) on your system. Make sure that it is set for MASTER if you have one. Two drives would require you to have one set to master and the other to slave!

Another problem you might have is the cables so make sure they are all connected correctly.

You mentioned that you picked "no" in the pnp option of the BIOS? Was it working properly before you did this? It migth be that my board has some sort of BIOS error and your's may not have had. According bo Belarc Advisor my BIOS version is "ASUS A7S333 ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 04/01/2002." What is yours?

... Well that's all I can suggest until you give us more information.

I still never looked into that BIOS flash. I want to wait until I have enough money to replace the board just in case.

Originally posted by chrisdicko:
Hi, I have just built a machine with that mobo, & have had troubles with booting it up & installing Windows!!!!

Ive tried everthing i can think of 2 get it working!!! Ive turned off the PnP option, and every bit of hardware does work.....So any ideas please!!??

Thanx

lol, yeah sorry that was a bit stupid of me really!!!

Yeah, everything is set 2 master, inc. HD & CD drive. & the is only 1 of each!

Also Ive double & tripple checked the cables. I even took the WHOLE machine apart, and re-built if from scratch, just to make sure nothing was wrong. (N.B. Ive built about 10 different machines now, with none of the problems im having now, but this is the first time ive used this board!)

When I did pick the 'no' option in PnP, it didnt/doesnt work wen it is set to yes either, & I have never actually had it working....

When I first built the machine, & it wasnt working, I thought it was maybe the cpu, so I bought a new 1 2 make sure......that didnt help. So I got a new mobo......that didnt help!! So, then I thought the memory must b knackered.......Had it tested....works perfectly!! So, it isnt a hardware problem in my opinion, as ive tested every other bit...CD-ROM etc. & they do all work fine!

On the CPU Frequency Selection, ive got the CPU/DRAM Freq. set at 133/133Mhz, but I have tried every other combination of frequencies, but no joy there either!!!

According bo Belarc Advisor my BIOS version is "ASUS A7S333 ACPI BIOS Revision 1002 04/01/2002." What is yours?
How do I find that out m8????

I dont really think flashing the BIOS will help this particular problem, and also if it goes wrong, it can make the board totally un-bootable!!!

Thanx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online