Moto e4 plus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rudy13

asking for advice on "upgrades" ...
my Moto E4 plus, runs on 7.1.1 ...just ran into a problem looking for an app, that i see needs android a minimum of Android 8.0
admittedly,
I DON'T KNOW what any of this means, but figure an update is needed?!? Motorola forum / webpage says...no more updates to this unit ...
a qwik look shows "stuff" to download ? or.. ? geez , i don't know ....so
is it safe to go with something the company is Not doing? or do i get a new phone ?

my phone is Not in constant use, not relied on for numerous tasks ( guess i'm old guy, old school ) but
would like this app (for my car) ...
so would appreciate some input, from those who know more ...which is likely, Every One !!! thanx

plodr

Liz
The "stuff" to download are security fixes. The version of android will remain at 7.1.1. I encourage you to download the security updates. I think the last one might have been September of 2019.

Your choice to remain with this phone or purchase something running a newer version of android.

Please post what the app is and perhaps we can find something similar that will work on android 7.

rudy13

the app i want is "myAudi" ...
up until 3 days ago, i was able to install it, on the moto ...then ...nada ..nothing,
not available in the google play store ... Nothing !

now, i installed it / uninstalled @ least 5 X's...trying to get it done ...kept coming up " error " data issue

further delving into it, i saw Audi did an update , 8/5/20 ...and the new version requires 8.0 or greater
so, looked into stuff, i do not quite get, and saw "oreo " which was never my favorite childhood cookie , but seemed to fit the bill as far as moving 7.1.1 to 8.0 ... i see / saw cookies go to "pie" = 9.0
but again ...it's all beyond me , and other than this need for a new vehicle connect = myAudi app
i would not know nuttin ... :unsure:

so that's it

thanx

rudy13

ooops ... no nothing else would work ,
tho i suppose you already figured that out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online