1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moto Racer on (relatively) new hardware

Discussion in 'Games' started by osterac, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osterac

osterac Thread Starter

Hello peoples,
    I like to play classic games for some reason, and my friend and I like Moto Racer. We have similar PCs, just look at the specs of mine (in my sig). He has a different motherboard with a P965 chipset, an 8800GTS 320MB, 2GB ram, only one hard drive, but on the whole pretty similar. We both have Windows XP 32-bit.
    When I try to run Moto Racer, I it crashes with 'this program has encountered a problem and needs to close.' On his computer, I can force it to run in a window, and it will start up with a scrambled menu. I can navigate the menu blindly and get into the game, and the game works (anything 3D works), but it really doesn't like going to fullscreem, at least when the menu is showing.
    I have applied the patch (mr322.zip), and also used the command line fix ("C:\Program Files\MotoRacer\moto.exe" -ALPHA -d3d -nodither -Zbuffer -fullscreen). I also tried setting the CPU affinity to a single CPU core.
    I tried it on my P4 and it worked, but that computer is usually not available to me and my friend does not have a machine like that available to him.
    So my thought is that it is either the video card or the CPU.
    What do you all think?
    Thanks in advance,
    Allen

2. james200

james200

The only way i got moto racer to work was to run in 16bit and add this to it "C:\Program Files\MotoRacer\moto.exe" -fullscreen -Pal16 -OnlyPrimaryDisplay -NoD3D Hope this helps ^^

3. osterac

osterac Thread Starter

Thank you so much!
    My friend is going to be stoked. This is his favorite game ever. And the game still looks just as good in software mode.
    Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/727860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice